The Company, on its formation in 1893, acquired a number of collieries which had been in operation for a long time and the areas allotted to them were largely worked out.
In a number of instances the collieries working small land areas of limited extent were in close proximity along the outcrops of the seams. Therefore, in keeping with the policy of the Dominion Coal Company at the time of its formation, to consolidate the smaller mining ventures, some of the smaller mines were closed and in due course others opened in localities more suitable to the most complete mining of the whole field.
Return to Top of Page
Last Modified: 98-01-05
Authored by: Louis Frost
The information contained on this site is not provided for the purpose of factual
representation. Instead, it is provided in an historical context. Every effort has
been made to ensure that this information represents the actual content of the
original document authored by Louis Frost for the Dominion Coal Company
on or around 1962. Nevertheless, no warranties are provided in any respect.
~~ End of Page ~~