This was a small operation from the outcrop on the promontory on the South side of Morien Bay.
The mine was opened in 1871 and ceased operation in 1877 prior to the acquisition of the area by the Dominion Coal Company, after producing only 3,243 tons of coal.
Return to Top of Page
Last Modified: 98-01-05
Authored by: Louis Frost
The information contained on this site is not provided for the purpose of factual
representation. Instead, it is provided in an historical context. Every effort has
been made to ensure that this information represents the actual content of the
original document authored by Louis Frost for the Dominion Coal Company
on or around 1962. Nevertheless, no warranties are provided in any respect.
~~ End of Page ~~