This was a shaft mine opened in 1870 and acquired by the Dominion Coal Company on its formation in 1893. The mine was closed down on November 30 of that year. During its somewhat intermittent life it had produced 132,995 long tons of coal.
Return to Top of Page
Last Modified: 98-01-05
Authored by: Louis Frost
The information contained on this site is not provided for the purpose of factual
representation. Instead, it is provided in an historical context. Every effort has
been made to ensure that this information represents the actual content of the
original document authored by Louis Frost for the Dominion Coal Company
on or around 1962. Nevertheless, no warranties are provided in any respect.
~~ End of Page ~~