This mine was opened in the outcrop of the Emery Seam in 1872 and the East of Dominion No. 10 Colliery. The mine ceased operations in 1893, although there is no record of any coal produced after 1878.
During its life the mine produced 31,210 long tons of coal, and any coal which could be considered tributary to it was later recovered through Dominion No. 10 Colliery.
Return to Top of Page
Last Modified: 98-01-05
Authored by: Louis Frost
The information contained on this site is not provided for the purpose of factual
representation. Instead, it is provided in an historical context. Every effort has
been made to ensure that this information represents the actual content of the
original document authored by Louis Frost for the Dominion Coal Company
on or around 1962. Nevertheless, no warranties are provided in any respect.
~~ End of Page ~~